The Curriculum at St Paul’s will help learners:
- Understand that art, craft and design embody some of the highest forms of human creativity
- Be engaged, inspired and challenged to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design
- Develop critical thinking
- Develop a rigorous understanding of art and design
- Know how art and design reflect and shape our history/
- Know how art and design contribute to culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
The curriculum in Art ensures that all learners:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.