The Curriculum at St Paul’s will help learners:
- Understand music as a universal language
- Understand that music is one of the highest forms of creativity
- Engage and be inspired to develop a love of music.
- Understand their talents as musicians.
- Increase self-confidence, creativity and a sense of achievement
- Develop a critical engagement with music so that they can listen with discimination to the best music and allow them to compose.
- Perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians
- Learn to sing and to use their voices, to create and compose music on their own and with others, have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument, use technology appropriately and have the opportunity to progress to the next level of musical excellence
- Understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, including through the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.